May thru December 2016


Once the RV was ours and in our possession ,we where able to bring her home.  We did some driveway camping for a few days as we learned how to use all the bells and whistles on the coach. We live in an housing addition that is not Rv or boat friendly so we had to secure a parking spot at a nearby storage yard.  The site we where given was tight and narrow, it was a nightmare to get in and out of. I was told that we would be moved over to a new lot once the area was blacktopped, for us it wasn't soon enough  as I was backing in my spot and got to close to the giant work truck next to me and trashed the passenger side baggage door and scratch to the end cap (2200$$) lessen learned maybe. We finally moved the RV to a site that is so easy to back into and no hazards.

Coach was back at dealer for some adjustments and body repair, dealer had the coach for the month of July. I decided then that for any work on the coach would be done back at the Newmar factory as we live about 3 hours south of Nappannee.  as bad luck would have it I would get to see the factory in action the next month. I tried to make a right hand turn that there was no way I could make  and scrap 2 more bay doors (2200$$). I have driven a school bus for 18 years without any problems so I was feeling like I was cursed in the motorhome.
 I decided that its time to slow down and take my time and cut out these dumb a$$ mistakes I have been making. The factory did the repairs in a timely manner and the only thing hurt was my pride and of course my wallet.

We spent 45 nights
out in the RV from May to December, Those are the good times that make the mistakes bearable. All the kids and grandkids got to camp with us. we stayed in state parks, National Forest, county parks and even a Walmart. The RV preformed as advertised and is very comfortable unit to set up and take down.  2017 has more trips scheduled so I will recap those trips to catch up this blog.

Fort Knox
"OUCH"
Tight Fit
Newmar service  and bay doors fix.

Comments

Popular Posts